2022 Honda Monkey launched in Europe on 21st June, 2021, kicking off the summer in proper fashion! It retains all of its retro styling and introduces a new engine, improved suspension, and five-gear transmission.
First designed as a Japanese theme park attraction, the Monkey was one of the most popular recreation bikes in Europe and the US. After the 80s, it was out of the mainstream market.
Honda reintroduced this bike in 2018 as a 125cc motorcycle fit for the road. Most of the modern Monkey is based on the Grom. That means it’s fairly lightweight, durable, and fun to ride altogether. The Monkey is a great commuting machine but is also an awesome platform for further customization.
Here are some of the changes and features of the new 2022 Honda Monkey:
- Euro 5-compliant 124cc air-cooled engine (same as the Grom engine)
- Produces 9,3 horsepower and 8,1 ft-lbs of torque
- New intake, revised catalyzer, and a new airbox
- Exhaust muffler with a single-chamber design
- Five-speed gearbox with a lower gear ratio
- Consumes 1,5 liters per 100 km (188 miles per gallon)
- Top speed of 91 km/h (56 mph)
- Twin rear shocks with two-stage springs and new damper rubbers to smoother bumpy rides
- ABS braking system
- 220mm front disc
- 190mm back disc
- 12-inch wheels
The MSRP of the 2022 Honda Monkey is $4,650/€3,911/£3,899, and you can get it in the following color schemes:
- Banana Yellow
- Pearl Nebula Red
- Pearl Glittering Blue
The Honda Monkey should be available in the European Honda dealerships in August this year!
For more novelties in the motorcycle world, check out our industry news section!
Source: Ride Apart